Creating a tracker

penang

Hello !

I am a newbie on the bittorent scene, so I need help on how to create a tracker.

Specifically, if I have something that I want to share with the world via bittorent (or utorrent for the matter), the info that I've read so far tells me that I need to create a tracker.

So I follow the howtos in trying to create a tracker, but at the "annouce url" thing I got stuck.

What do I put in it? I mean, what url should I put in it?

Let's say, I have a video that is residing on my harddisk, specifically, it's on a "movie" subdirectory on my desktop (assuming I am using Win XP for the moment).

How do I know what url should I put in?

I have tried to search for more information on the topic of "annouce url" but so far I haven't found something that tells me exactly what url should I put.

So please help.

Thank you !!

a tracker is a server which coordinates and distributes the IP of all connected torrent clients. when you create a torrent, you have to use the announce url of the specified tracker. for example, the worlds biggest tracker (thepiratebay.org) uses the tracker url http://tpb.tracker.thepiratebay.org:80/announce .

If you want to upload your torrent to tpb, then you have to use this url.

As I say, I am a newbie and my question may be totally irrelevant here. If I've offended anyone here sorry.

But I have read all the things that I can get online and there are still gaps here and there that I still haven't figured out.

I am very appreciative of the help I got on the "announce url" matter. Now I can make "torrent tickets" but when I submit the torrent ticket to www.mininova.org/upload , for example, I got the error message (please see below)

==========================================

Error while uploading

Error message was: This torrent has no invalid trackers. Either the trackers don't exist, are currently down or do not allow scraping.

==========================================

While you gurus may understand what that error message means, for a newbie like me, hey, I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what the heck it means.

Anyway, I appreciate your help. Thanks !!

Use bitlet.org to create .torrent files. Its makes upload a .torrent file to a tracker very easy. This will help you share very easily. There are free trackers you can use on the Internet like thepiratebay or mininova. Just use them as your tracker.

Archived