TimeHorse Posted April 1, 2008 Report Share Posted April 1, 2008 My uTorrent locks up 80% of the time, crashes the other 20% (where I always choose to send the dump) whenever my RSS scanner finds a torrent I want and tries to insert it. I don't know what part of the RSS process is failing because torrents I want are always posted when I'm at work or asleep. Because my tracker is ratio based I get very bad scores because my uTorrent locks up and I don't see it for hours and can't restart it until I see it.Anyway, I have sent the dump file and would be happy to post it here if I could but it's binary so it would not make sense to most. I design software for a living and would be happy to set up a debug environment if I could step into the code when it locks up and see what routine it was executing during timeout (though it's likely stuck in an event wait state which is deep in a kernel API but bless you call stack!)Now, I have Verizon FioS which means I have a D-Link 604 router supporting PPPoE and a dynamic IP address that changes every few hours. There's nothing I can do about this, but I should think uTorrent is IP agnostic. I also run Azureus on the same machine but on a different port so it should not interfere.Once I restart uTorrent, the RSS match is properly captured and starts downloading. It is only when the match is first posted that the systems locks up / crashes AFAICT.I ran through the entire list of gotchas and have no matches. No NVIDIA Firewall (even the video card is ATI), genuine Intel, just ran Norton AV and that is up to date. So, nothing matches for me in the general problem list. I even run AdAware and Spybot S&D regulary to look for stuff Norton won't catch. I keep forgetting to generate the running programme list when I see the lock-up / crash because the lock-up / crash is so jarring and disheartening I feel too distressed to remember.Is there anyone who can help me? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.