uTorrent has become slow at creating and adding torrents

dtb

My uTorrent client (current version) has started to become very slow when adding or creating torrents.

It freezes when I select to add a torrent, save to and also when creating new torrents.

Although it completes the task it now takes at least a couple of minutes instead of seconds. All other functions like uploading and downloading and transfer are all unaffected.

I have re-installed over the existing installed files and even uninstalled and then done a fresh install but this has not cured the problem.

Can anyone elaborate as to what the problem is or offer any advice.

Many thanks

You haven't given enough information for any elaboration.... You can use tools such as Process Explorer to view the current I/O if the Speed tab -> Disk Statistics view doesn't make sense.

uT can only perform as fast as the bus allows. If you're on a highly impacted hard drive (read as: almost full) or the controller isn't running at expected speeds (read as: not UDMA) you will experience slowdowns.

Check your controllers. Go to Start > Run > Type "devmgmt.msc" > go into "IDE ATA/Atapi Controllers", double-click one to check its properties, and go to the advanced settings tab, if any of those say PIO for their current transfer mode, uninstall the PIO containing ones and reboot.

Archived