Terminal Services issues

Gr0p3r

I dunno if this is strictly a bug or just my own fault for being lazy.

senario:

im running utorrent 1.7.7 or a server 2003 box with Terminal Services enabled.

i use the same profile to log on locally and through TS.

if i log on at work and leave it logged on locally and then open a TS session and make changes to in utorrent. ie add new torrents to the queue - that works fine and refreshes on reopen of utorrent on either. but if when i log back on to the local machine, the downloaded files that have progressed dont update. so all the torrent suddenly have errors and thing the files are missing.

i not full bottle on how utorrent works but from what i can gather is just looks at the %appdata%\utorrent folder for its info on what torrents are on the go and how far thru they all are. so if that changes overnight by a TS session it should be the same for the local machine. i mean its the exact same %appdata%\utorrent folder and Utorrent.exe file that are being used and being opened on the same computer, just one is in TS.

see not sure if it really a bug or not. but it would be really handy if it wouldnt happen.

cheers

-Gr0p3r-

ok i have done a bit more testing.

it is defiantly the same profile that is being used. i made sure of that when i configed my profile in active directory. its the same path for the terminal services profile and for the user profile path. and i log on to make sure i use the same profile.

this is kinda hard to explain what happens to utorrent without makin one huge log sentence that hard to follow. ill just write down my steps and the results.

test 1

1) log on to console and open utorrent and add a torrent to the queue

2) log on to TS and open utorrent

result = TS client does not show new torrent in queue

test 2

2) CLOSE utorrent on Console.

3) log on to TS and open utorrent

result = TS client DOES show new torrent in queue

test 3

2) log on to TS and open utorrent

3) CLOSE utorrent on Console.

4) close utorrent on TS

5) open Utorrent on Console

result = utorrent on console does not reflect the changes it had made previously. they are just gone.

it seams to me that it only updates the list of files downloading and amounts complete on close of program. therefore it overwrites any changes made in a previous session.

now that i no how it works a bit better i dont think its a catastrophe but it would be really nice for it to update on the fly so that changes from both can be saved.

cheers for quick response BTW

-Gr0p3r-

Archived