Utorrent Corruption Problem

jabadeer

Sometime over the past few days, my computer shut down and restarted while u torrent was running. After opening utorrent, i now find that some of the files are corrupt, and after looking at my hard drive, all of my files are completely scrambled. What can i do about this?????

Stop the torrent, right-click, force re-check. Your files will be checked and corrupted areas removed so you can re-download. What happened to the files in the first place? Is your computer shutting down before µT finishes saving? Or do you have alot or really big torrents? If your disk is too slow you may need to use the graceful shutdown option.

what is the graceful shutdown????

by scrambled, i mean the first hierchy of folders looks fine. then, i play a video, and mp3 files play as the video. half of the folders i check in look like this *Iß╟LöI*.uùv and everything is all messed up

also, i only have a 500 gig drive, file properties say 909 gb.

In that case, it sounds like you've got a virus or SOMETHING f00ked with your MFT/FAT tables :( I would stop all downloading and anything which can modify that drive followed by a thorough scan with anti rootkit / spyware tools AND make sure your hard drive's important sectors have not been compromised with a chkdsk x: (x is your drive letter).

Archived