BitTorrent Client Recognition Software

Klaus_1250

Does anyone know if there is a utility that can listen on BT-ports and list the clients/user-agents that are sending data to BT-ports? (or have a mechanism to discover the clients user-agent)

I use DHT in µTorrent, but find that this leads to a continous stream of DHT-traffic many days after using DHT. I'm wondering which programs/clients are actually behaving like that or better, if it is one or several applications which are bugged somehow. It could also be that the traffic is related to anti-p2p or some other malicious groups of users, but right now, I don't have a clue.

PS: I'm not looking for such functionality that is implemented in a BitTorrent-client. I'm looking for something I can run when BitTorrent (µTorrent) is not running/active.

I specifically do not block ICMP's, such as many firewall (including the built-in Windows Firewall) do, so that's not the cause. I don't think many p2p-programs use ICMP anyway :-(

Some of the hits are indeed blocked by Peerguardian, but only a very small minority. What I did notice is that a good portion of hits seem to come from China. I know a lot of 'attacks' originate from China, but it are just too many (I think).

So I was wondering if a particulair BT-client was very populair there, but I need to connect to them to figure it out.

Archived