Error Can't open .torrent file ""

spazpc

Hey I've been using Utorrent about a year or so. I recently upgraded my connection and alot of stuff. I am getting errors on every file downloaded that go to seed. As soon as they are DLed and seed starts I get an error message in the que saying Error can't open .torrent file (my hard drive) K:folder/filename.

I seached the posts and I looked through facts and I am still at a loss. Can anyone help or do I need to re-install. I don't want to lose the torrents as some of the trackers will kick me out. Plus I can't open a torrent for seed manually. I get an error say not enough storage. Don't know how I have like 660 GB altogether. Thank you, spazpc

K is mybook. 500 GB hard drive. It is the correct folder TORRENTS. It is the folder they are moved to after completion and has always worked before. I don't know what I did or even if a re-install will help. I did recently also foward my port because my bandwidth times were at about half what they should have been.

K:TORRENTS/filename

I am not sure how the .torrent comes in.

Recently also the file downloads paste a page Utorrent download file (like 27KB file) into the folder. I am not sure what I changed to make this happen because I have only recently switched IP and some software including Firewall but everything works well on the down side it is when they go to seed that I lose the file. It is there same and unchanged. Utorrent all the sudden just can't open the file. .torrent file. The files get to me fine though.

Any Help? I run Win XP Home on AMD athalon HP a710

Oh I only have two folders. K:\MY TORRENTS is new downloads. K:\TORRENTS is move completed downloads to:

Thank you

Oh wow! If I have the .torrent file and the completed files going to the same folder and delete that little 25 KB file the no bittorrent can open it huh?

That might be what is going on.

Suggestions with details would help if I am right. Or if I am not.

If you open your resume.dat with http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 testing your theory... you may be right. Be SURE the torrent location is correct when talking about your torrents. The name of the keys below [ROOT] are the full paths to EACH torrent loaded.

If not and you DID change the torrent location you can use Ctrl-H (Find/Replace) to change f:\old path --> K:\TORRENTS

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the help. I learned alot. I did fnally uninstall and deleted the application data files. Then reinstalled and I think it is working now. I believe I changed some of the stuff I should really not have Ie I put the .torrent files in the same folder with the the finished files and that caused the problem. I am still not sure but changing them to another location didn't help much either. I'll see after this DL if it is working again. everything should be back to default though now.

Well certainly removing the data files would fix it. If uT was thinking the torrents were still in torrent storage when they were supposed to be with data ;).... that's that. Be sure when you change things around everything stays copasetic as it were.

You really should check out BFE... it's spiffy and a GUI... no hexediting of resume.dat or torrents that you want to change. :D Feel free to report back if this does not work.

Archived