RSS downloads duplicate copies when Smart Episode Filter is Deselected

nabilalk

Hi all, my apologies if this post is outside the bounds of this forum, I will try to keep it hypothetical, per the conditions of the site rules.

I have several RSS filters set up to automatically download given episodes, and I seem to be running into a problem of duplicate episodes downloading when the "Smart Episode Filter" is NOT selected. The problem is, that on certain episodes which will remain hypothetical, such as 'The Fictitious Daily Broadcast', if the Smart Episode Filter is selected, and since these episodes do not have a season or an episode #, than the daily digest of episodes will NOT automatically download.

However, if the Smart Episode filter IS NOT selected, than the episodes will automatically download, but it will download all of the episodes relating to 'The Fictitious Daily Broadcast', from all of the RSS feeds that I subscribe to.

Is there a way to allow it to search all of the RSS feeds that I subscribe to, but only download one daily copy of the episode, without either having to download manually, or getting duplicate copies, when the Smart Episode filter is deselected?

I am aware that if I were to change the selected Feed in the Filter Settings, that this would solve the problem, but I would prefer to let utorrent scan multiple RSS feeds, to ensure that the daily episode is found and download properly.

Thanks!

-NKA

Setting the interval would accommodate what you ask, but without smart episode filter it will download everything in the feed that often instead of every update or one entry per update (if smart episode filter were used). . .The funny thing is I never seem to have trouble with The Daily Show or The Colbert Report. Is this using 1.7.7? If so, can you try with 1.8?

lol, I see you have successfully deciphered my fictitious label. Actually I am currently using the latest build, 1.8 (9704)

Would you mind PMing me or posting the filter settings that you use for the show that you have indicated? Maybe I have something wrong with my filter?

Thanks!

I use tvrss >< I don't actually have a separate Favourite. It uses the default * FILTER set when you auto-download torrents. I have smart episode enabled as well as 12 hour release times. http://tvrss.net/search/index.php?show_name=The+Daily+Show&show_name_exact=true&mode=rss

Edit: I'm not psychic or highly deductive, it's not the first time the show has come up http://forum.utorrent.com/search.php?action=search&keywords=Daily+Show&author=&forum=-1&search_in=all&sort_by=0&sort_dir=DESC&show_as=posts&search=Submit

Ah, maybe that is where we differ. I have 5 or six feeds, but I only use Favorites to download episodes. I will try the RSS feed that you provided and set the interval to 12 hours. Thanks!

Edit: I didn't search that, because I assumed it was outside the line of allowable topics to discuss. Hence why I spoke in hypotheticals. Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

Archived