Cant foward port

Sryker

I have fallowed the directions on portforward.com exactly but utorrent still says the port is closed. I have a Actiontec GT701-WG modem my ISP is Quest. download speed is 5451 kb/s but utorrent is downloading at a rate of only 0.4 kb/s. Id rather not have to wait the estimated 2 weeks for this file to download so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey thanks for the reply. My download speed for the open office thing stayed at around 650 kb/s which is way faster then what Im trying to download so what dose that mean exactly? is it simply a problem with what im trying to download or is it fixable?

Your settings could be horribly bad for your connection. OpenOffice may still download fast because it doesn't depend on you needing to upload to anyone...it's almost entirely seeded by extremely fast connections. (like 100 megabits/sec kinda fast!)

Your ISP may be throttling BitTorrent traffic, but the OpenOffice may still download fast because some of the seeds are actually "web seeds"...regular HTTP sites for the file, which ISN'T BitTorrent traffic your ISP clamps down on.

Archived