Hash check

xfangx

As fas as i know, utorrent checks the files while downloading them.

Well, if i download at more then +5 MB/s, i get to 99% an then i have to wait, at least 1 minute to hash something, onces i waited 5 minutes i think.

At 1 minute i didn't meant large torrents, some around 700 mb.

Whats the problem?

And something else, when I'm downloading 2 torrents and they're accumulated speed is around 10-11 MB/s , utorrent crashes.

And, I'm uploading at 11.4MB/s but works fine...

The problem with the hash and the crash is from my hdd, or?

What version are you using? Use Alt-H-A . Have you re-sized the uT cache to allow buffering of that large amount of data?

There has been some improvement in uT to handle > 100Mbit symmetric connections in 1.8. It also has functions to bypass Windows cache which appears to "bloat" uT's operation of uploading/downloading files. If you'd like you can check it out and even run it as it's own folder http://utorrent.com/faq.php#How_can_I_share_my_torrents_between_user_profiles.3F to keep the settings separate?

Without more information and/or the .dmp files I don't know what else to say. In 1.8 you have the option under Ctrl-P -> Advanced -> Disk Cache to bypass windows cache of reads/writes. People report being able to put 27MBps through uT that way, iirc. The process of data buffering starts when you have slow disks.... Usually windows buffers this data (increasing your used VRAM) and then clears it when the operation is done... which can be problematic when the files are multi-gigabyte behemoths. uT also has a cache for its data transfer which can be accessed via Speed tab -> Disk Statistics. You see current cache usage in the bars there. You didn't mention the cache uT is using? Also have you disabled either windows cacheing option in 1.8?

Archived