Hash search of existing torrents

BinaryKitten

Many occasions i have been given a hash by a site saying that i'm seeding a particular torrent that is deleted. Manually going from torrent to torrent in uTorrent's listings and checking that hash against the torrent's hash is a long a laborious process.

Would it be possible to implement a small feature that would take a hash and show the torrent in uTorrent's listings that match it?

Thanks

I'm sure when "search existing torrents" is added, there can be a mode "search INFOHASH"....

Wouldn't it be easy to see which torrent it is.. if the torrent is deleted you'll get a tracker status error.. ergo a red(dish) status icon. How many of these do you run? And How many torrents would you expect to be loaded at any given time?

It was something that i looked for, but couldn't find a red status torrent with the relevant hash, so i checked if there was any other way that i could find this rogue torrent to see if it was actually there or a ghost on the tracker. In the end i couldn't find it or find a method to actually find the torrent in question so i thought to post it as a feature request.

Thanks for your diligence though.

Archived