upgrade then no downloads

davidbweiner

I don't really understand about opening ports etc. I was using version 1.7.7 and it was fine. I upgraded to 1.8 Beta a few days ago and now uTorrent fails to connect at all. I am assuming that the firewall at work is blocking me, but what changed in the settings? I went back to version 1.7.7 but still nothing. I have not changed any settings.

What firewall do you use? Security software? Is it all bundled with your antivirus?

When you have such software it's likely you need to remove and re-add any rules you made for it when upgrading. On 1.7.7 does http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ download?

How do you mean no downloads? Does the torrent start and not show ERROR status? Does the torrent connect to peers? Do the peers transfer data?

I only have Windows firewall on my computer. I have erased and reloaded the exceptions, nada. uTorrent tries to connect (in the speed window I see the download 'start' and go as far as a download speed of maybe 1.2 - not really very much - and then drop off quickly to 0.0. In the progress window, there is no progress. It shows as if it is downloading but never advances. Once, in the log window I got the message that the port failed to open. If this is not my firewall but rather the firewall at my college, how do I circumvent that?

Archived