No Incoming Connections!

Brou8224

Hi ive been using Utorrent for quite a bit now and am noticing how I always get the yellow triangle issue with no incoming connections. Im not sure on where to start with this. I download things seemingly fine but slow-like. It also seems the max amount of peers im connecting to is only 4. Here are my specs:

WinXP Pro SP2

Pentium D 2.8ghz

2gb DDR2

Anything else that you need, do ask.

I just went through the port tester thing that led me to the portforward.com site. I found my modem and went through the setup that will allow my port to be forwarded. The port I selected is successfully being forwarded out of my modem. I still do have that yellow triangle that says i have no incoming connections though for some reason. Any thoughts?

172.16-172.31 ;)

Behind a hub you will only be able to have 1 computer connected at once. That is unless you pay for multiple IPs from your ISP. Either that OR your modem HAS router functionality built in.

It's possible the hub is incapable of handling so much traffic... which is a good reason to remove it from the equation as Firon says to test.

K, connected directly to my modem now. My local address didnt change though. Its still a 172.16 number.

***quick edit, just a note. My upload speeds are always higher than download speeds too. Oh and I went into my modems config through my web browser and added utorrent with my selected ports, and again, still have a triangle o' doom. Figured id toss that in.

Then I stand corrected :). I dont see any UPnP options though. Would I enable it in Utorrent instead?

***i just realized how u interpreted my statement. I meant that my router doesnt have Upnp options in its configuration through my browser. Figured id clear that up real quick lol.

*****Gunna make one final post on this thread. Everything I did last night seemed to have worked. Im getting incoming connections. I let Utorrent run overnight and things are downloading just fine. Im even getting speeds up to 100kbps :) So we can close this thread out and say that my problem has gone away. Till next time, fellow torrenters (if thats even a word lol)

Archived