Completed bubble appears too soon

hermanm

I have µTorrent to download files to an "incomplete" folder than move it another drive & folder when the torrent is finished. The bubble that µTorrent is finished appears too soon. It is still in the process of moving files. The bubble, I think, should appear when µTorrent is truely finished with its work for that torrent.

The move can take up several minutes depending on the size of the torrent and my current disk activity. To be more exactly, µTorrent works off c:\incomplete directory then gets moved to e:\ directory wants finished. So, it has to perform a disk to disk transfer as opposed to get a file table update on the same disk.

AHHHHH, hmm yeah if you're moving volumes I guess it could be problematic... hopefully this isn't on a Vista machine considering that Vista transfers are slower even if Mark says it's "improved" http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2008/02/04/2826167.aspx

OK then... I concur bubbles should trigger AFTER the move operation

Hah, transfers are still bad in Vista SP1, but it has improved a bit - note that slow transfers happen only if you copy a lot of smaller files to usb flash disk, it's as fast as on XP/Linux if you do harddisk to harddisk copy or if you copy big files. (I've actually done few tests)

Archived