Getting scammed

guitar286

Has anyone used torrentz.ws or directfileaccess.com? I searched for something in google and torrentz site came up with a link to directfileaccess.com listing it as a fast download. I paid the 5 bucks to direct for membership and it turns out it doesnt have the file. Cant get a response from them and there terms of service link doesnt even work.

"Legit" is an inappropriate word I think. Most of those sites are aggregators or "indexes" like mininova.org

It's as legitimate as any of the content they carry. Personally I don't trust any indexer which doesn't have its own tracker to purport "XXX % faster speeds just pay $". Mininova has a CDN now which they highlight with their "featured content" Their servers serve as "seed boxes" to keep the content providers' content available (nigh indefinitely I think.. at least nothing has been "timed out" afaik). There are sites out there I imagine which offer dedicated downloads, however it's my experience any site offering hype and need to reference "bittorrent speeds" either redirect to usenet/altnet or are simply vapourware.

If you paid with a CC, try to dispute the charge I guess... secondly set up a site, or look for other sites (dslreports.com has a section for ISPs, maybe they have one for bad websites) in the filesharing/tech community. The internet is full of information, how much of it is useful depends on what you're looking for.

Thx for the help. I did a little more research and it turns out that directfileaccess is sort of a scam. They start hitting you with 30 dollar monthly charges supposedly and contacting them is just about impossible. Thanks for the help. Maybe a sticky thread should be created for sites like this.

The scam was that I searched for a file, the site link says they have it, and once you pay and search, its not there. Full releases does the same thing.

Archived