Which antivirus should I get? Vista and uTorrent.

JJ-Q

Vista Home Premium 32

nVidia GeForce 8600GTS EVGA

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dueal 5000+ 2.61GHz

4.00GB RAM Kingston DDR2 800MHz/pc2-6400 Hyperx Memory Nvidia SLI- Ready Unbuffered Cl4(4-4-4-12) Non-ECC 2.0v

Dell motherboard for E521

I'm running Vista home premium 32bit. I've got norton at the moment and I'm not happy. My XP was just infected with virtumonde so i've killed it and upgraded to Vista.

So I'm thinking about Kaspersky, or AVG. From what I've read Kaspersky has been troublesome until recently.

I'll probably be running Spyware Doctor and/or Superantispyware.

What you you suggest for good connection and no problems?. If theres no difference in your experience which programs are better for protection?

Also anything I should know/read through regarding Vista and utorrent? I've been a XP user till yesterday.

I had no trouble with nortons firewall. And XP's firewall. I've read that people suggest installing Kaspersky without the firewall.

Do these bring up problems because they are "better" or just less utorrent friendly?

Get AVG 8.0... at the moment its the lightest for ur computer and the best... AVG 8.0 has virus definitions that most of the other antivirus doesnt have... it has the best multiprotection that ive seen: firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-spam, anti rootkit (VERY dangerous and VERY hard to detect as this should allow to the creator of the source to take over your computer), System tools (repair program, heal infected downloads or files), E-mail scanner, link scanner (can scan websites really quickly and warn you of threats when u go on them), Web shield (protects you against accidentaly downloading infected files), Resident Shield (scans files as they are copied, opened and saved and if a threat is found, it forbids its activation as this could activate viruses that can erase your ground zero part of Hard disk), and of course, an update manager (the fastest i have ever seen).

A Jack of all trades is a master of none... however I would concur that AVG is very easy to use. I personally use RKR (rootkit revealer) for rootkits, have a hardware firewall, anti spyware is... honestly not a problem if you keep your computer updated and don't download "my this looks like fun" etc, email scanner is unnecessary unless you use OE (but who does anymore??), web shield is overkill IMO, others... features I guess, but I wouldn't know anything about them :P

Archived