Port Forwarding issues

kamikazzi

From the beginning, i download something from utorrent and get slow speeds, (1-50kb/s). I run the test or w/e and it says my port is blocked. I checked a lot of forums and guides and they say to type my ip address into my browser and log in and unlock it from there. I do everything and go to try to unlock ports but cant find anywhere to do it. i have a linksys and under setup i see tabs that say password, status, DHCP, log, help. Under advanced i see Filters, forwarding, dynamic routing, static routing, DMZ host, MAC addr. clone, and wireless. I checked around and cant find where to unlock my port. i need to know how to unlock the port that utorrent uses. i know which port it is i just want more than 7kb/s =[. plz help thnx! If anyone finds anything please reply or e-mail me @ nolanhoenicke@yahoo.com

I in a bit of a trouble with the port forwarding. I read the instructions and to be quite honest I've done everything by the book. I am using a Netgear router. I forwarded the port I am using on my uTorrent. I put the torrent client in all firewall exceptions. I also reserved a specific IP address in the router so I can be sure that my PC is always using that IP. The problem with the port forwarding still persists. I never had any real troubles with this before. Despite of that indication I've been doing great with uTorrent & Router for the last 5 months, but something went wrong with the last AVG edition I think. There is something else I noticed accidentally. I am using this icq client called QIP. When I perform the "Port Forward" test without using QIP the result comes up OK. When I start QIP it turns back to ERROR. I reserved a port for QIP as well but nothing changes. Well, uTorrent is working that way too and I am down/uploading but something is wrong and I am not able to use the full potential of the program.

I tried without AVG today. It has no effect on uTorrent. The one thing that remains a mystery is QIP. It is somehow conflicting uTorrent. When I turn it off completely the test result is OK. Well, big deal , I am just not going to use QIP if I need to download something important :)

Archived