Uploading shuts down.

Berzerq

Sorry if this is a repeat post, but I couldn't find this exact problem anywhere else. If you can redirect me, I'd appreciate it.

What happens is that uTorrent simply sits idle when it's supposed to be seeding. Sometimes I can seed just fine, but mostly the ETA reads "infinity" and uploading just stops. What bothers me is that seeding stops regardless of whether or not I'm downloading, so I don't think it's a connection problem. I can't get any uploading to start no matter how I futz with the settings (but I'm pretty much a newbie, so there's that.)

I'm also running on Scumcast's internet connection, if that matters.

Need any other information, let me know. Thanks in advance.

If you haven't set those torrents to initial-seeding, your connectivity sounds limited. I'm surprised a search for comcast didn't bring up any comments... :P

When you have no upload, are you even connected to peers? Aside from checking Peers tab, you can also use Alt-H-S to see an aggregate total of current connections and half-open.

Oh, don't get me wrong, jewel...PLENTY of Comcast posts, but I can only go through so many iterations of how badly they suck before I give up! :P (I already know they suck, believe me!)

And no, I'm not connected to peers when that happens. I'm connected to nothing but a little yellow triangle that sits there and mocks me. Total and complete "screw you" shutdown. I'll see if I can't figure out that "initial seeding" thingy. I'll try anything once. Twice if I like it.

Switeck, I appreciate the heads up. I'll try some of the tricks you posted and browse the forums to figure out what the hell the rest of them mean! But I've already set outgoing encryption to "forced" and I've disabled the DHT and universal PnP.

Thanks a bunch, folks.

Set connections extremely low next is wht I'd do. Because if even @ 10 connections total you dont see speeds improve, you shouldn't even bother testing other stuff while just seeding. Other seeding interruption seems to only manifest when not downloading... so I'd see if it improves with downloading something really slow, like set the download limit on another torrent to 1, then 2, 5, 10 KiBps ;)

As far as initial seeding, you'd know if it was set. It's ni torrent properties and isn't on by default.

Did you also disable Resolve IPs and Local Peer Discovery?

(Peer Exchange can and probably should be left enabled, since it's reusing already-encrypted connections.)

Also, have you disabled allow incoming legacy (unencrypted) connections?

Even doing ALL of that, sometimes I can't get a steady upload going for >20 minutes. :(

Another thing to try for troubleshooting...

Watch uTorrent's log window...turn on ALL the features you can to track as much as you can.

That way you can see if you're never getting any incoming connections...or just dropping them before they handshake or instantly after they handshake.

...And whether any of your outgoing connections ever connect. You can even set half open to 0 so you can test only incoming connections to simplify the logs.

Archived