help with forwarding ports

n00bsk8tboarder4693

hi, i was reading up on forwarding ports to make my utorrent client dload faster, since it keeps giving me this error that says,"No incoming connections. Unless the icon turns green, this could indicate a problem with your internet connection." but it says that it can only be in use for one computer at a time. Does this mean that if im forwarding a port to my laptop, my desktop computer cant connect to the internet?

thanks

(my router type is...WRT150N Wireless-N Home Router...if thatll help solve the speed/connection problem any)

You can have 1 computer forwarded on 1 or more ports....and the other computers can still use the internet.

The only limitation seems to be you can't forward the SAME port to multiple computers on your LAN.

Fortunately, uTorrent can be set up to run on almost any port.

Hello, i have a problem getting my ports forwarded properly, i have tried everything and still no luck, here is what i have and have done, i am using a wrt54gs router that has been flashed with ddwrt v23 sp2 i have forwarded a single port properly and made a utorr exception in my windows firewall, i am running avast a/v. any ides what else i can do to go green with my port. also i have tried to disconnect my router and go straight to my modem and still no green only yellow triangle.

Thanks in advance

ok i will try that, i have also heard that it may have to do with my pppoe settings not being right or that i need to bridge my router any thoughts on that? Ok, I uninstalled avast and it still is not working i have a red circle with an ! in the middle, please any other ideas would be greatly appreciated, like i said earlier do you thing it would have to do with setting up a bridge or pppoe.

DSL lines regularly use PPPoE... check your modem next to "connection type" to see what you have to setup in the router... If it requires a login, most definitely change it to "access point" or disable the firewall portion.

Edit: BTW, ACS sucks, see if you can get GCI or digitel... or maybe AT&T in your area.

Archived