Global Virus Scan

I think it would be a cool idea if you could manually set the path to the command line virus scanner, then have uTorrent take care of entering the rest of the needed information per torrent.

i.e. enter the path to (insert your virus scanner here) once and have it always scan using that program.

This would require a list of all virus scanners and their respective command line properties.

Indeed, but this has been requested before anyhow. If something like this were to be implemented, it most certainly wouldn't be specifically for virus scans only. It would be more generalized to allow running whatever program on download completion. It would not automatically detect parameters to send to the program -- at best, it'll use some wildcard replacement not unlike with the search engine URLs, or the current "run program on completion" thing. Basically, you'd need to tell µTorrent what information to pass into the application.

Heck, I can even see something like this being implemented as a part of the scheduler overhaul, where the scheduler might be able to react to events (like download completion or torrent completion, or something), and not only strict times (though it should obviously have at least the latter). In that way, the scheduler overhaul and the global run-on-completion feature that many people ask for won't need to be implemented as two separate features, but instead, one very powerful one. Of course, that's just me thinking very big and overly complicated :P

.... <drool> any idea about the status of the process happening for the scheduler changes? :D

As to the scope of the scheduler ... indeed if it responded to torrent job events: how many are there? Start, pause, stop, finish... OH new (rss or auto-load)

In that event, the run-when-completed would indeed be perfectly in-line with streamlining of automation of uT. The only process which I forsee being wanted in that case would be torrent creation :P

Archived