Can Labels be assigned automatically according to torrent status?

Claribel

I'm a newbie on this forum, though experienced with utorrent (a terrific programme) and its features. I have searched extensively and not found what I'm looking for, so apologies if it is here somewhere.

Simply, I'd like to be able to assign a label automatically as each torrent is loaded (I think this might be possible) and change the labels automatically when I stop the seed (not found a way to do this). I don't want to add a label to a folder.

I have a large list of stopped seeds which I don't want to delete as I invariably reseed to help out and don't want to lose my upload stats for each torrent (which happens when I delete torrent and reload it later). I want therefore to be able to "hide" stopped seeds and show just all active ones (even if there is no download or upload on them at that moment) i.e., automatically hide "stopped seeds" (torrents with the stopped seed icon: green with white tick).

If there was "dormant" status icon in the left column showing all files without the "stopped seed" icon (green with white tick), this would be perfect, but I see no way to add/configure such an icon in the left column.

Someone clever may know of a better way to achieve this

Hope this doesn't sound stupid.

the best you can do is to try control-select two categories. It will not get you (all - stopped) but close to that...

auto labels are available only from RSS loaded torrents. You can also define a persistent label, select all the stopped, and label them with one right-click action with that predefined label.

Well, you answer my question by saying what I thought - there is no way to do this. I can easily filter my torrents to show they have finished by sorting just the status column and manually apply labels.

I guess what I am suggesting (and which others must have too) is conditional labelling, ie, automatic labelling when condition(s) are met, much like email filters/rules. This would also allow automatic moving of files to pre-determined folders depending on what condition(s) are met (not something I want, but I see others do).

The information needed to apply labels as I suggest is already done by the programme. It is the interface which is not (yet?) available to make the connection in the way I suggest.

At least I know I am not missing a trick.

Thanks

maybe it's proper to add some more sub-categories (maybe in a tree structure, to save space) , Firon ? like under inactive - completed, stopped, under active - uploading (maybe move downloading ) etc ? this way you will be able to filter more (like all the stopped) .

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived