How does "Set Download Location" work?

GbeTech

I've been downloading a 38GB torrent. It's 80% complete. For certain reasons I don't want to have it completed in my default drive.

So I've conneted an external HD which has lots of free memory.

Is it possible to make the torrent finish in the external HD, and move the 80% that had been finished already into the external HD?

Is this where "Set Download Location" take part?

Well, you would move the data first, then tell uT through "Set Download Location" where it now is. After you start the torrent again it would check and continue downloading.

If it is multiple files, and you did not download them all, you can actually use 1.8 and NOT have to move the data at all. You would use the Files tab and set location there for the currently non-existent files. Then uT would read/download the data from both locations.

• 2 weeks later...

Follow up question to this. Let's say the torrent was downloading into multiple folders with one parent, as in:

Complete torrent

first folder

files

second folder

files

third folder

files

and so on.

Should the download location point to the folder "Complete torrent" or to the parent of "Complete torrent"? In other words, if the partially downloaded torrent is at c:\Complete torrent, is the download location c:\Complete torrent or c:\?

Thanks, Herman, but I had a slight worry about that approach as I didn't want it to start downloading from the beginning again if the recheck failed. I guess I could have always stopped it, reset the download location, and tried again, but hey, that's what the forum is all about. I'm not adverse to trying things on my own, but when I can find a "sure answer" somewhere, I feel much better.

Archived