uTorrent automatically adds 1 to the port

IAMED_2

I set port 4662 (properly forwarded port) in Preferences, then after a few seconds I get the yellow triangle. I open the speed guide and the current port is listed as 4663, in a greyed-out, uneditable box. The only way to get it to use 4662 again is to change the port in preferences, then change it back to 4662 in the speed guide. This lasts a few minutes, and then it reverts back to 4663. This happens only on my wireless networked computer running XP, not on the Vista comp upstairs that's directly connected to the router. Despite having incredible file transfer speeds across the network, the download speed on this computer is extremely low, except when on private trackers. I can download torrents that trackers report to have 8000+ seeds, but even after an hour, only about 50 appear, and 1 or 2 connect.

Help?

When UPnP is enabled, the router can tell ut that the port is unavailable. So ut tries to forward again, but using a port 1 higher than before.

If it's constantly going to 4663, then it means that something is using 4662 already.

Archived