uTorrent suddenly becomes slow!

torrentdemon

Hi,

I am using uTorrent 1.8 RC3. Whilst downloading a fairly large torrent, the download speed remained at 13-25 Kbps (the upload speed was similar though a bit slow) for the most part (which is pretty much what I expect from torrents using my 300 kbps connection). But now, as the torrent nears completion (81%), the speed has suddenly dropped to a snails-pace 3-10 Kbps (the upload speed has also decreased but is comparatively greater then the download speed). The transition wasn't slow, but sudden (in a matter of a minute or so). What can I do, I made no changes what so ever to my configuration, never even went into the menus! I think it might be because one seed which consistently gave me a steady download speed is suddenly missing or gone, I can't add him even if I go into the "Add peer" option and enter his IP address (which I had previously copied). The connectivity light is yellow and occasionally even red but then this is how it has always been.

Speaking of the connectivity being limited, can someone also tell me how to allow a specific port in Zone Alarm Free (not Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite which has an available option).

I am using uTorrent 1.8 RC3.

Current is RC4

But now, as the torrent nears completion (81%), the speed has suddenly dropped to a snails-pace 3-10 Kbps (the upload speed has also decreased but is comparatively greater then the download speed).

Enable the "Relevance" column on the peers tab. Do you have a small number of peers with relevance or large?

Archived