How many people now use utorrent.

spliff99

In the early days it seemed like large numbers of azureus users switched to utorrent. But that seems to have slowed.

Does anyone know how widely utorrent is actually used now?

Browsing the peer list on average swarms from various public and private trackers show anywhere between 0% and 30% running utorrent.

Where is a good place to get more accurate and widely sampled statistics?

[(utorrent download counter/3.14)*4]+[(swarm counter*tracker counter)/upload slots number]-[(General download ratio-General upload ratio)*Registered Forum User Counter]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=RESULT

:)

It depends on a few variables there and that is a really really hard number to pin, i mean really how many torrent daily? It also seems to change from tracker to tracker. Just the other night (and I REALLY should have gotten a pic) checked my peers and ALL BUT ONE was using µT 1.3, there were like 12 peers and 11 were the µ, was really cool for µT, some trackers you hardly ever see it, but the Comet ban has affected it, you see more µT users where the Comet has been banned and I personally hardly see it on pub trackers but that may just be me.

Ludde knows how many downloads have happened, IIRC.. :)

I have downloaded utorrent numerous times. (Updates, multiple computers etc etc) and I am just one user.

Some users may have only downloaded the latest version. And on top of that downloading a program is no guarantee you will use it.

So the number of downloads is probably not an accurate indicator.

Archived