DNS Client prob.

851marc

After i start the download of a movie or anything bigger then 1G, 5 min later my internet connection crash and I have to reset my modem. In the Event Viwer I have the following message.

"The DNS Client service could not contact any DNS servers for a repeated number of attempts. For the next 30 seconds the DNS Client service will not use the network to avoid further network performance problems. It will resume its normal behavior after that. If this problem persists, verify your TCP/IP configuration, specifically check that you have a preferred (and possibly an alternate) DNS server configured. If the problem continues, verify network conditions to these DNS servers or contact your network administrator."

Anyone can help me plz?

There is a global maximum number of connections value in your BitTorrent Preferences (ctrl+P, BitTorrent tab). It might be to high. If you are unsure what a good value is then redo the speedguide: ctrl+G and if the problem still occurs start lowering the number of connections until it works or you reach 20.

DISABLE in uTorrent:

(on BitTorrent tab) DHT, Local Peer Discovery (LPD),

(on Connection tab) UPnP, NAT-PMP port mapping, Randomize Port each start

(in Peers Window, right click) Resolve IPs (this makes constant hits to the DNS server I believe)

(in advanced settings) set net.max_halfopen no higher than 8 -- and you may need to reduce it as low as 1 for testing!

Archived