downloaded file missing?

lilackit

I recently downloaded something that had a .doc and a .gif file that disappeared. Besides the fact that is was a file that I didn't want but it downloaded anyway, but I think I know the reason for that. Files smaller than the torrent file and/or have 1 piece download anyway, right? utorrent thinks its still there, or at least there is still the option to open it, but I can't find it in any of my files. And there is also the worry that it's a virus so I don't particularly want to open it either. Is there anyway to trace the destination folder, besides the folder that everything else is placed? I ran a search through windows that doesn't pick it up.

Thanks but not exactly. I was thinking more of how to locate individual files. That just brings me to the destination folder from where I noticed the missing files in the 1st place. And I just noticed that the .doc file asks me if I want to open it since it came from an unknown source and may be dangerous when I try to. The .gif and the .txt file actually says "There was an error opening one or more of the files you tried to open. Maybe the file hasn't been fully downloaded yet?" What does that mean? The part of the file that I wanted seems to be fine so that doesn't bother me. But it did say the whole thing is done and xkB went somewhere and I wish I knew where.

If you're using 1.7, there's nowhere else for the data to be. If you're using 1.8 and know about the relocate files feature (Files tab, right click, relocate, browse to new/existing location of data) it could be elsewhere.

If your torrent says "Finished/Seeding" status, it's done. Did you change file priorities to Skip/Do Not Download.

I just updated to v1.8. The file finished downloading when I was still using v1.7. I don't know if that makes any difference. The relocate option is grayed out, even for other perfectly fine files. The priority was originally skip/do not download, but it did anyway to 100%, so I'm expecting at least some recognition of the file in my system. Am I supposed to be expecting this?

Archived