1.8 Slower announce to tracker when starting.

TraderJones

With 1.8 it takes a lot longer for torrents to move from "Queued" status to "Seeding" status, especially if you seed more than a couple hundred torrents.

Under 1.7 it would only take an hour or so for all torrents to reach "seeding" status, but under 1.8 it took over 12 hours for all torrents on one tracker to reach "seeding" status. The first couple hundred started fairly quickly, but as time went on it took longer and longer for more torrents to ready the "seeding" status.

So what your are saying that if all the "active" slots are occupied by actual torrent activity then uTorrent won't be able to "start" or "announce" the torrent to the tracker?

(I'm sure I'm not using the terminology correctly here but I'm trying... thanks).

Is this a change with 1.8? I never noticed this with 1.7...

I don't have the "active" torrent limit set at 100, it's set at a value appropriate for my connection speed. However, I do have over 200 torrents that are in "seeding" status being reported to the tracker as available for leeching.

I was able to get the announce process to complete *much* faster by bumping the "active" limit up temporarily until all the "Queued Seeds" were gone....

Archived