Speed Limitation?

Triple_A

Hi, Torrent Mania... I just joined to this forum

Actually I've used utorrent for more than 2 years

To the main topic:

Before I started use utorrent 1.8, my connection speed per torrent was maximum depend on its seeds and my connection speed. It was about 40kbps per torrent per if only one torrent was active

And now, I had upgraded my connection speed into 50 kbps for direct download, at the same time--> I upgraded my utorrent to newer version (1.8) (I used 1.7.7 before). And the problem is here, it seems my speed per torrent is limited for up to 12kbps per torrent==> it means 1 torrent = 12kbps of total speed; 4 torrent = 46kbps of total speed. The seeds of each torrent is rather high (10-200 seeds with 10-2000 peers).

I hope someone can resolve my prob.

*) I never limit my upload speed or download speed (global); I only limit my upload speed for 1kbps in each torrent's properties

Best Regards

for me XD

Are you sure for your opinion?

I tried it!

Once I took out my limitation, the download speed dropped dramatically.

And once I limited my upload speed (per torrent), the download speed became the same as before (12kbps per torrent; 4 active torrents = 46kbps)

1st and 2nd link in my signature.

1st one is for troubleshooting, and tells you what information you'll need to give us if the problem isn't solved quickly.

2nd link gives suggested settings for uTorrent based on your max sustainable UPLOAD speed.

NOTE: Max sustainable UPLOAD speed is nowhere near max download speed for almost every internet connection in existence.

Try the 2nd link first, as I think you simply have too-high settings for your connection...which can DRASTICALLY decrease your download.

Archived