Mysteriously disappearing torrents

drscogin

Every day I lose a few torrents from my client. I can't seem to figure out what is going on. It's getting rather frustrating to keep re-downloading the torrents I do catch missing, and even more frustrating because I know there are some that I am completely unaware of.

I don't think I'm at some sort of torrent cap, at least I hope not. I have around 650 torrents loaded in the client now, but every day a few more go missing. Sometimes it doesn't happen for a few hours, other times I will notice the number of completed torrents decrease over the course of minutes.

I'm using uTorrent 1.8 (build 11813) on Windows XP.

Any explanation or help would be greatly appreciated.

Switeck: The hard drive is fine, as all of the data is intact (I also have two drives, and uTorrent is indiscriminately removing torrents related to either drive). It is just uTorrent removing the .torrent registered in the client. Nothing is crashing, and I don't have viruses or trojans on my computer.

Firon: I'm referring to the number of torrents in the Completed category. Every day a few more are missing.

uTorrent's dat file for torrent lists may have become corrupted...and it's slowly spreading to destroy the whole dat file. You may need to complete that process and make the dat file from new. That's overkill with 600+ torrents, but it's the only thing I can suggest at this time. :(

... A "common" corruption would be failing to write the file completely. Which torrents get missing? As the resume.dat is sorted as saved... it would make sense to be missing the last alphabetically. Have you checked out Ultima's BFE http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 to see if the resume.dat is corrupted?

Also, the Completed category is irrelevant if the number of torrents in ALL stays constant though>>

Archived