uTorrent not locating files to upload

NayFaye

Hey, I'm a newbie to all this so a little lost by all the jargon!

Basically I have utorrent up and running and currently downloading succesfully, however it doesn't seem able to locate files I have previously d/l and therefore I can't file share. I've checked the directories tab is showing the correct location but other than that I'm clueless!

I do know that apparently the 'port is not found' (having checked this on uTorrrent options tab) and have read many FAQs on forwarding ports but nothing seems to be working, highly frustrating! Any ideas of what I need to do??

Sorry if this is just me being a complete idiot!!

If you're looking for the data in ALREADY LOADED torrents, stop, right click, advanced, set download location. If you would rather do it manually... remove the torrent task, Ctrl-D, browse to the folder housing your data, and say OK. It should check the data and continue. If not, stop, right click, force recheck. If it doesn't recheck to 100% or close to, you did it wrong. Check the folder in the General tab > Save As.

Also covered in the migration guide @ http://utorrent.com/guides.php

Sorry, duuno where the ALREADY LOADED torrents would be! But basically they are files I have d/l a while back and now want to share but uTorrent isn't finding the files to upload in the first place! The only file showing on uTorrent at the min is the one I am downloading. everything else simply doesn't appear. Does that make sense??

Archived