No Downloading at all when "Seeding tasks have higher priority..." on.

meatut

When uTorrent can't get any download traffic for a particular torrent, it will start working on another one lower down the priority list, which is sensible.

But, it seems that it *won't* start working on downloading a torrent if it's not providing any upload traffic for a finished torrent that is still seeding. Shouldn't it start working on another torrent instead of wasting time waiting for a peer to come along looking for data?

I have "Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks" set, because I want it to finish the seeding *if it can* before moving on to another download. But I also want it to move on to a download if nobody is interested in the seed. Am I missing some setting, or is this just "how it works" right now?

That I couldn't tell you... I don't use that feature, partly because I never have that many torrents running. The queue rotates at a certain interval. I don't know how long it would wait to rotate something in. Do you have alot of torrents which still need to meet the seeding goals (you'll see a * in the # column)? I think they take priority over ALL torrents when you have that seeding tasks option enabled. When not, seeding torrents take up any remaining slots NOT used by downloading ones. This would alternate I believe between those which haven't and which HAVE reached the seeding goal (# column goes blank).

Just because nothing is uploading does not mean the torrent is removed from the queue... an oddity which makes me question why the seeding tasks option is even in in the first place. Have you checked out what Ultima's manual has to say on the subject? (F1 or from the Help menu)

I appreciate your thoughts thelittlefire, but, with all the qualifiers in your post it sounds like you don't have a definite answer either! :-)

Does anyone know for sure the answer to my original question: "Am I missing some setting, or is this just "how it works" right now?"

You're right of course Switeck, but we're talking about when the seeding goal hasn't been reached. There are no leechers in the swarm connecting to me, and I want to leave the torrent seeding for the possibility that someone does connect. But if they don't, I don't want to be prevented from downloading something while I wait.

Archived