Complete files moved onto HD partition become uncomp. after rechecking

moogly

Hello !

I would like to know if uTorrent 1.8 stable is sensitive to HD partition, and especially to cluster size.

I met a problem with that.

I have a torrent with multiple files with complete download (each file at 100%).

The download folder is on a disk partition with 4kb cluster size.

Then I moved the folder with complete files onto another disk partition with 64kb cluster size.

I forced a re-check with uT and now my files are given as uncomplete between 98 or 99% (file ends are missing) !!!

So uT needs to download again the missing pieces... :/

Where is the problem ?

Thx.

Screen: % of files after move onto partition with higher cluster size

hdutrk2.jpg

Kind of just seems like your files got mangled slightly when you moved partitions. You could try to repeat the process, and furthermore, see if the CRCs change when you move/copy across partitions. That would let you know if it's utorrent screwing up the check, or your files actually getting corrupted when the move is done.

It's also possible they were already corrupted before you ever did the move, as utorrent has no idea if the files were modified until you do a recheck.

I tried many times and the files are always corrupted for uT.

Test procedure:

Complete dwl > MD5 > move onto another partition > MD5 > forced re-check > redwl > MD5

All the 3 MD5 are identical. In addition the size of files didn't change between the deplacement.

After the forced re-check, uT says the files are complete at 98 or 99% and uT needs to dwl again the "missing" file ends (anyway ends are persent because MD5 doesn't change) !

So I think uT seems to have a problem to read the data with a change in cluster size.

PS: same pbm here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=46366

And ? :/

How can I fix this problem ? Data are clearly complete but uTorrent checks them as uncomplete after I move them onto another partition with a different cluster size.

I saw this issue with uT 1.7.7 and now with 1.8 and various cluster sizes (and torrents)...

Yep.

I dwl completely the files (movies) a first time on my 1st partition.

I computed the MD5.

I moved files onto my 2nd partition with different cluster size.

I computed MD5: identical.

Force re-check: uT said files are uncomplete (anyway movies were playable)

Re-dwl them completely with uT.

I computed MD5: identical.

And that's the same issue in the inverse way if I move them again. :/

Hello !

I would like to know if uTorrent 1.8 stable is sensitive to HD partition, and especially to cluster size.

I met a problem with that.

I have a torrent with multiple files with complete download (each file at 100%).

The download folder is on a disk partition with 4kb cluster size.

Then I moved the folder with complete files onto another disk partition with 64kb cluster size.

I forced a re-check with uT and now my files are given as uncomplete between 98 or 99% (file ends are missing) !!!

So uT needs to download again the missing pieces... :/

Where is the problem ?

Thx.

Screen: % of files after move onto partition with higher cluster size

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4402/hdutrk2.jpg

Yes, there is a consideration of sector size. Try unchecking the "Disable Windows caching of disk reads/writes" and see if it works.

Also, try removing the torrent, restarting uT, and re-adding the torrent in the new location - see if that works (independently).

Let us know.

• 4 months later...

Archived