nat error

sp1zy

Hi, i am totaly a new bie in torrent world.. because i was on 56k dialup and i wouldnt dare

trying to download the massive torrent files with it..

but now since i got dsl 256k i find it a wounderfull thing.. but i still dont understand lots of things.

i liked u torrent because its faster than the others,, and extremly eazy to use ..and practical..

and more... its is by my openion by far the best torrent s/w out there...

i was olso happy to learn of this forum and that U torrent is olso offerring help and data to the users.. that is great.

after the few words i wanted to say in my first post here , and i wanted to say it in general forum

but actuly i do have a problem thats why i decided to put all the post in here.

_ at main screen at the botom line next to DHT:

tab on the left i see this :

nat error.

it usaly come up after a while from connecting.

i dont understand what it means at all.am i doing somthing rong? would it effect my downloaded files? or sepeed? thank u.

i am deeply sorry dear sir.. as i said i am totaly newbie in both networking and torrent download.

i just got my dsl and i find a sea of data here i didnt know haw to read it all... i just sow

the error message and thought i could go directly to it....

what i understand from ure comment u want this info:

i am having nat error message i have dsl 256k

with a zte adsl modem and its on the usb port not

on a lan card (i will install a card soon)

i have original winxp pro sp2 and am using zone alarm 6.1 but i usaly turn it off when i am downloading.. about port setting i dont know anything about that and i am affread if i mess with it

it can slow down my con...please if i understand u rong am sorry again am just new and confused.

i think the downloads i was doing were a bit slow i guess (not more than 10 seeders) and i was

having a maximum download/upload rate of 10kbs dunno if its good or bad?? and the rate keep

pummping up and down. not stable and i cant get correct speed reading..

and after all i want to ask... if i just leave the nat error like it is (not carring about speed)

would that effect my downloaded files?? like for example corrupt the rar file i am downloading now? forcing me to downloaded it again? or that isnt related...

olso i read the forum rules and i did find my self breaking any of it. best reguardes

O YA. lots of things i learn now... my con speed test : d: 235k u: 62k

i installed beta virsion is say the port 32459 is closed

i tryed to forward it from portforwerd.com for zte

(zxdsl831) but the 192.168.1.1 ruter web site had changed dramaticly and non of the secreen shot shown in this page http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ZTE/ZXDSL831/Utorrent.htm

is realted by anyway to my ruter nat adding obtion screen which is this:

Virtual Server

Select the service name, server IP address and click "Apply" to forward IP packets for this service to the specified server.

Service Name:

Select from the following list:

Customized service:

Protocol:

External port: start: end:

Internal port: start: end:

Internal server IP address:

i dunno what to do i am affread to screw up my ruter . (confused)

well, like i said this screen dose not exist now on http://192.168.1.1/main.html

i go to advance tab then choose nat from a menu and this is haw it gose :

nat

Virtual Server

Server Name Protocol External Port Internal Port Server IP Address Remove

add remove

i click add then i get this:

Virtual Server

Select the service name, server IP address and click "Apply" to forward IP packets for this service to the specified server.

Service Name:

Select from the following list: AUTH DNS FTP IPSEC POP3 PPTP SMTP SSH TELNET TFTP WEB

Customized service: ( )

Protocol: TCP/UDP/TCP/UDP

External port: start:( ) end: ( )

Internal port: start: ( ) end: ( )

Internal server IP address: ( )

nothing about rdr route flavour or any of the other things posted on that screen..

and i dont know what to select!!

thank you for help and support... sp1zy.

well.. i am paranoind of making a static ip adsress because i tryed it befor and it made my

connection crached... olso i read this at port fowrarding web :

it sayes:

_If you find that you can not pull up webpages, the problem is most likely the dns numbers you entered. Give your ISP a call, and they will be able to tell you which dns servers to use. This is a question they answer all of the time. They will be able to tell you what you should use right away.

am afread because my isp company is very slow to respond and it took them 3 monthes to get me

a dsl account... so i dicided to leave things alone.. am not having a bad download rate(about 15k)

which is not bad for my 256k con, as i read i others post a guy with 2 mb connection is having

the same speed as i do .. so i thank you for ure help.

The static IP has nothing with your ISP to do. It's there only to keep your router from changing the address to your computer (192.168.1.***). Your connection won't die for you as long as you keep it within the 192.168.1.*** range (where *** is preferrably a number below 50)

_ well ok. but i have an importent question in this sensitive eria:

i have only one ip adress: 192.168.1.1

in the internet protocol (tcp/IP) properties menu it will ask me

for my preferd dns server adress and

my alternate dns adress..

so i dont have an alternate dns server. should i leave it black??? or should i write the same dns server twice?!!

Archived