Select Seperate files

BadGuy

It amazes me that it hasn't been requested before (or I blatently missed it ;) ), but I'd like utorrent to have a way to download seperate files from a torrent, it's a very useful feature with for example e-books where one would select only those that one does not have yet.

What amazes me is that some members aren't being helpfull Ultima and rather complain than do something else.

Thank you for your reply ICleolion

I'm using the beta version 1.3.2

I still can't really find a way to do it while downloading the torrent... is that another thing I just missed?

It would be nice to just be able to right click on a running torrent and select files that someone wants from there (I guess that's the request now)

BadGuy: When you load a torrent, you can have a window opened where you can choose what files you want to download, the label to assign, the destination for it etc. But that requires you to uncheck the option for an automatic destination folder.

Also, you need to check the option "Show dialog when adding new torrents" under Options -> Preferences -> General Options.

If you want the torrents to load automatically, you need to to what Roni explained. Go to the "Files" tab , rightclick the files you don't want and choose "Don't Download"

I'd have posted a real answer for you, but ICleolion already gave you the answer. What I was trying to say was that you should use the program at least a little more thoroughly before claiming that something isn't there -- and read the FAQ while you're at it (which you didn't).

Sorry if I came off a little "attidude-y..." There's just been too many posts like these that would've been easily answered if people actually did some work on their own part instead of having all the answers fed to them. =]

Maybe I'm I can't find it somewhere.. so i was wondering once i'm seeding 10 files out of 100... and then later on while i'm still seeding i notice i want to download 5 more files... but they already have "skip" next to them... so is there anyway besides removing the torrent and reopening it to just select those 5 files to download and keep seeding the other 10.. if not it would be an awesome feature if once you click on to skip a file you can right click again later and have it be able to download.

as i see it now i right click on a skiped file one of the options is to "Don't Download" but it is already not downloading.. so it would be great if once a file is skipped then you right click and the Option says "Download"

Thanks for your time

Archived