Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoslava

uTorrent showing every single tracker as offline.

Recommended Posts

Hey, i've been downloading and seeding torrents for a few years now, firts with Azurues, then Bitcomet, and i've been using uTorrent for over a year..

This is the first major problem i've had with it.

Every single torrent (and I mean every single torrent) cannot find me the trackers...

I can still pick up a limited number of seeds and peers per torrent but.. it means I can only download at like 20% speed..

It happened a few days ago, and every torrent now has a red arrow next to it (it used to be blue)..

The DHT, Local Peer discovery and peer exchange are working, but every single tracker is listed as offline (timed out).

I've googled my problem and the only answer people can come up with is that the tracker is actually offline. I've tried about 18 different torrents now and every single track is offline (the two torrents i'm downloading from now are listing 9 trackers each, and they're all offline)

Ok, so.

I'm on XP SP3.

TCPIP.sys is patched

ports are open (I don't have a router or hardware firewall so no need to port forward)

i've just re-added it to the exception list in my firewall, and no dice.

Someone please please help...

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why. Set it back to 8. The limit for Windows is 10, and you can only bypass that limit by patching tcpip.sys. About every month, that file gets reset by windows updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

v1.8.1 fixes serious bugs with half open connection handling that both v1.8 and v1.7.7 had. (v1.7.7 didn't have it as bad as v1.8.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just set it back to 8, and they're still all offline :(

EDIT: When I set it back to 8, my speed died to about 90kbs, when I set it back to 50 it's now around 300,, so that can't be the problem..

EDIT 2: It's working :D

I put the thingy back up to 50, I haven't changed anything since and now it's all fine. I can seed again! My ratio was going to hell when it was broken..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may have your settings too high for your line...that would cause peer/seed connections to disconnect, "forcing" you to use a high half open connection limit to maintain decent numbers.

Check the suggested settings in the 2nd link of my signature. Note: they're based on your max UPLOAD!

If you're still on uTorrent v1.8 you WILL continue to have this problem, just maybe not all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

set half-open back to 8 and upgrade to 1.8.1.

The half-open limit has NO effect on your download speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites