not available

eggthief

damn it tried to forward it, but it still has no success one thing that was a bit confusing to me was, whether I had to make a new static IP address that lied close to my IP addres, which ends on .34 or the routers IP address which ends on .254, I went for the router's address and made it end on .252

Normally your computer has a local IP, not necessary to create a new static IP.

Your bro and mom computers have a different one, that's all.

Specify in the rule your own local IP (can change if you switch between Wifi and ethernet, but not a real pbm, just to edit) and that's all. Your router will forward packets in direction of your computer.

Your local IP is offen the same of your "bridge" (ie this one you type to enter in setup), just the last digits change (show your task bar in Windows and connexion).

Maybe you will need to reboot your router after that or wait few minutes/hours. But it's offen instantaneous.

Ok, your bro blocked you but where ? on your computer ? router ? firewall ? You need to find where.

Because you can reset 25000 times your router, if you use a computer with limited rights or stg like that, the pbm will be still here.

If your brother blocked you in router firewall, the reset HAS REMOVED all settings so your router settings are blank now. If you are still blocked, the issue is somewhere else.

If you have the control of your router (and that's the case because you reset it) and your FW is well configurated to allow uT, I think it's good now.

In addition, you have forwarded a port in the router.

Try a legal torrent to test uT: http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ (choose Windows / OO 3.0.0 / english for example). Load this torrent and show how uT works.

Do you know if your bro has admin rights on your PC ? Could he change settings ?

still doesn't work, the availability bar remains red so nothing happens. The account that I use is the administrator and it is password protected. However when I press ctrl+g at utorrent and check if my port is opened right it says that it ain't, but I followed all instructions from the static IP guide and for my router correctly afaik.

That's very weird because in screenshot #2 you have no icon (red, orange or green!) and DHT was logging in.

1/ uT was running a long time or it has been just loaded ?

2/ In uT, did you specify the port number & uncheck UPnP + random port (in Settings) ?

Anyway I dunno the interest to have 3 firewalls on the same machine, it's clearly useless and source of incompatibilities & instabilities....

And the best example is that we spent 2 pages to solve your pbm due to one of your firewalls... :P

Kerio is really enough to filter.

Archived