uTorrent on ADSL with VOIP

hein88

Hello uTorrent friends,

I think I've something very weird here. I got problems with uTorrent in combination with VOIP. Voice over IP technology, means my internet traffic and telephone traffic shares the same connection.

As soon as i start utorrent i am not reachable by phone anymore. Now the weird part if i use azureus (which really s**ks) , i am reachable by phone.

So i first tried to make a clear picture between the difference in options in azureus and utorrent, tried to compare them, but no luck. they are almost the same

Called my provider, told me: we are not a helpdesk for utorrent. We think you are runnig too many udp-connections. (VOIP uses udp)

this problem already occurs with one torrent seeden, with 2 peers. It really looks something specific for uTorrent. Which makes me really not happy, because uTorrent is a lovely bitorrentclient.

Somebody with same sort of problems? or a solution? or some more information which can make me understand the problem better...

Please reply

greetz

Hein

Thnq for your replies first of all.

You say disable DHT, but i am downloading from a tracker which does not allow DHT. (in torrent options DHT checkbox is disabled.) So i guess i dont have DHT enabled, or you may mean something else. But still having problems though

greetz

Yes i discovered, and disabled DHT for every new/current torrent.

Though that didn't solved the problem, but what did solve the problem was:

disabling UPnP Port Mapping...

dont know the meaning or benefit of that function anyway it solved the problem, and i can use uTorrent again..am a happy man

greetzz

Archived