Remote connect to webui

speighty1

I am having trouble connecting to utorrent remotely, i can connect to it fine if i use my local ip address but as soon as i try and connect using my external ip address i just get a connection problem.

I dont get the login screen.

I have the ports on my netgear router that needed to be opened.

Im pretty puzzled now as to why it wont connect.

I have tried connecting using another pc that is not on my network but i still get the same connection error.

I know i am using the correct external ip address and the correct port for utorrent.

I dont understand why i cant connect, i have used tutorials to set up the webui and followed it word to word but all i am able to do is connect to the pc within my network.

I have done that but for some reason now i am unavle to connect to it using the local ip adress, all that seems to work now is localhost.

In my netgear settings i have created 2 services for the 8080 port in utorrent.

I have then opened that port in the firewall settings using the local ip address of the computer that i want to connect to but still nothing, i dont see what else i can do with the netgear settings.

There is no practical difference between http://localhost:port/gui/ and http://my.local.lan.ip:port/gui/ :/

Is something else using that port? Why don't you try just using it with the basic PORT no redirect. You may need to clear the alternate port... there was a problem before where the alternate port was still in use when disabled.

I dont know what else could be using the port, from the same pc as the one running ut i can now connect using my local ip but if i go to another pc on my network i cant connect to the ut pc.

I have ticked the webui verbose error checker but it is bringing no error when i try to connect from a different computer, something is blocking the connection.

I seem to be finding something that should be simple very difficult to sort out.

I must be making a mistake somewhere.

The only way i can connect is by using localhost, if i put 127.0.0.1 in the restrict list then i cant connect at all. Could i maybe post some screenshots of the error im getting and one of the settings in my netgear.

I have now even set up a domain name for my computer but i still cant connect. What is the best thing i can do to help you help me.

I am using the latest builds of utorrent and webui.

This is really bugging me now, i just want to get it sorted, i cant seem to find anyone else with the same problem. Could someone walk me through the steps.

I do have msn so we could always talk through that.

Archived