uTorrent VS Azureus (Speed connection to peers)

Muzy

uTorrent by far the best client ever. It has only one disadvantage in my view.

After 5 mins of opening Azureus with any torrent file, the client works so fast to connect to at least over 100 peers and over 50 seeders. Whereas in the case of uTorrent, I left it open for 12mins with the same file and the same torrent tracker in order to get the required numbers (over 100peers and over 50seeders).

uTorrent speed is super, nothing wrong with the speed. But it takes uTorrent 12mins to reach the required speed of dLing a torrent, Azureus do it in 5mins.

I hop the developers speed up the connection to peers and seeders by %30-%40.

thank you for reading

uTorrent by far the best client ever. It has only one disadvantage in my view.

After 5 mins of opening Azureus with any torrent file, the client works so fast to connect to at least over 100 peers and over 50 seeders. Whereas in the case of uTorrent, I left it open for 12mins with the same file and the same torrent tracker in order to get the required numbers (over 100peers and over 50seeders).

uTorrent speed is super, nothing wrong with the speed. But it takes uTorrent 12mins to reach the required speed of dLing a torrent, Azureus do it in 5mins.

I hop the developers speed up the connection to peers and seeders by %30-%40.

thank you for reading

have you tried going into advanced options and changing the max half open tcp slots from 8 to a higher number?

i do notice that utorrent will connect to peers but then drop them. however, later it'll unpredictably connect to them again.

Kazuaki Shimazaki: My net.max_halfopen is set to 70 and the ramp up is basically instant.

I set Halfopen at 48 (I used that patcher to set the max to 70) just yesterday and I noticed the massive improvement in rampup myself, so I'm not complaining, but...

Remember that everyone played by the same rules before I decided to go for patching TCPIP.SYS, which is max 10 half-opens. So has anybody figured out why, at least under those conditions, does uTorrent have a tendency for a slow ramp up?

Not complaining, but I'm genuinely interested in how clients ramp up differently.

Is 5 extra minutes really going to kill you? :| If it's fixed, great, if not, I certainly have the patience to wait those few extra minutes... :/

Yeah I agree with you m8, 5 extra mins is nothing. I m just trying to make a point here, so the developers can make some improvments.

I m going to try to set the half_open to a higher number and tcpip.sys....

thanks guys for your help....:)

• 1 year later...

Archived