The system cannot find the file specified

tjk888

Hi There

I have been using uTorrent for about a year now and LOVE it !!! And to date have never had an issue at all.

Then, all of a sudden I have been getting the following message when I click 'download torrent':

"The system cannot find the file specified"

Can anyone make any suggestions as to how I might be able to go back to downloading files please ? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

tjk888

Thanks for such a prompt response Firon, it is much appreciated.

I had already had a good look at the above link in your FAQ section and tried what was suggested there - but it has not worked.

I should just mention, that I have even tried downloading files that I have previous downloaded (with absolutely NO problem) and they are also returning the same 'error' message.......................so I am stumped.

I have not changed any of the settings and have done things as I have always done them ?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Also, the above link is about the "path" being specified, not the "file".....................not sure if that makes a difference ???

Heya Switeck - the answer to all of the above is "no".

I was in the process of downloading files and had successfully put 35 files into uTorrent which were all in various levels of download. I went to add a 36th one and this is when I got the above message.

I waited overnight whilst the 35 downloaded, restarted my pc this morning and am still getting the error.

And thank you for your trying to help me out - as you can see, it is a bit 'odd' !

I have just rechecked my drives and nothing has changed....................I am saving on to my C:

Also, this error message appeared halfway through the process...................as in, I had already chosen a number of files to download without error and then when I went to download the next on, the error appeared and I could not do anymore ! So it actually happened part way through what I was doing (I did not change any settings, other than maybe my scheduler................which I do sometimes turn off).

Sorry to be a pain..........................I just don't get it

• 4 years later...

the same thing happened to me.when you try to download the torrent a window prompts.after you click on the torrent logo on the lower part of the web browser just try to change the file path when the window opens which contains the files of the torrent.It says "save to..".click it and browse the file destination of the previous downloa destination.works for me:D

Archived