Adapt bandwidth settings in Deluge with uT speed guide

moogly

Hi.

I'm testing a seedbox and I'm running with Ubuntu Desktop 8.04 so I can't use uT, I chose Deluge.

I set the bandwidth settings in Deluge with the help of the uT speed guide but there is still a value I need to fill.

My max UL speed is 550 KByte/s i.e. 4.4 Mbit/s.

I used the reference of 5 Mbit/s with 500 KB/s as capped UL speed.

║ 5 mbit/sec ║ 560101004001510

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq#WhatbandwidthsettingsshouldIuse

-- General Bandwidth Settings --

Maximum Connections 400

Maximum Download Speed (Kib/s) -1 (unlimited)

Maximum Upload Speed (Kib/s) 500

Maximum Upload Slots ???

Maximum Half-Open Connections 8

Maximum Connection Attempts per Second 20

-- Torrent Bandwidth Settings --

Maximum Connections 100

Maximum Download Speed (Kib/s) -1 (unlimited)

Maximum Upload Speed (Kib/s) 500

Maximum Upload Slots 10

-- Active torrents --

Total Active Torrents 15

Total Active Downloading Torrents 10

Total Active Seeding Torrents 5

Is it correct ?

What may I fill in Maximum Upload Slots, is it Maximum Upload Slots per Torrent x Total Active Torrents ?

And for Total Active Torrents, is it = Total Active Downloading Torrents + Total Active Seeding Torrents ?

I'd set Maximum Upload Slots to only 100. Even if you're running 15 torrents at once, not every torrent should need 10 upload slots each. (which would be 150 upload slots total.) This should prevent your average upload speed per upload slot from falling below 5 KiloBYTES/second...because if it does on downloading torrents, really fast peers will slow down or even stop their upload to you. They'll find someone else to upload to instead who is giving them more. (That's how BitTorrent's Tit-for-Tat works.)

For torrent bandwidth settings, I'd set max upload speed to -1 (unlimited). Global limits should still restrict all the torrents to 500 KiloBYTES/second upload speed.

For Active torrents (queueing), I'd set Total Active Seeding Torrents to 14 -- that way even if you have no downloading torrents you can still be running up to 14 seeding torrents. Deluge probably has some priority criteria for which torrents are active if you exceed the max limit. Either way, Total Active Torrents probably shouldn't exceed 15...unless you have some really slow torrents.

Archived