Very slow downloads

Hajimeru

# The state/value of all of the options you were recommended to change up above-i followed the guide..any specific values you want?

# Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window)-Green check mark

# What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes-45682

# What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)-xx/1mb

# What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent)- *80

# Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?)-Windows XP

# Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware)-Avast,AdAware SE plus

# Exact router model(s), and exact modem model-Siemens SpeedStream 4200 connected to linksys WRT54G

# Connection type- DSL or cable..not sure..

#results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload. -download 1194, upload:401

.....and i already forwarded the port in the my wireless router

# What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent)- *80

BIG strike. Set to 8 or less. Increasing this limit above the default causes more problems than it attempts to solve.

# What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)-xx/1mb

Should NOT be used because the settings are NOT based on your download speed. Use xx/384kbit because of:

#results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload. -download 1194, upload:401

Post a hijackthis log and process explorer process list with dll list for the utorrent.exe process as well please.

Archived