Slow surfing speeds

minhiscus

Whenever I have Utorrent up and running, my website loading time is at least 10x longer than usual. Usually it takes me less than 2 seconds to load www.google.com, but it takes at lesat 20 seconds to load google's homepage while utorrent is running. The problem goes away whenever I close Utorrent. I'm currently using Bitcomet without anyproblems, but I prefer going back to Utorrent. My friend has the same problem on his computer, but it only takes him about 10 seconds or so to load google's homepage. My advertised speed is 3000/512. Please help.

Did you limit µTorrent's upload speed to 50 KB/sec or less?

Also, did you try reducing its max connections, connections per torrent, run only 1-3 torrents at a time, reduce half-open connections, run the half-open connection patch, and are you unfirewalled in µTorrent?

nvm thx a lot! restarting worked!! thx a lot everyone! btw, is there a way to speed up utorrent connecting to peers and seeds? i noticed my bitcomet connecting to them much faster than utorrent. thx a bunch!

The latest versions of uT are better, and try slowly increasing the half-open stuff to improve aggressiveness, but I think you are simply going to have to accept the fact BitComet will be more aggressive than uTorrent and thus enjoys faster ramp ups. In fact, some of its "aggressiveness" features are rated as cheats - one of them is cycling the connections until optimistic unchoke happens. It also pure cheats - falsification of statistics had been reported.

Presence of PeX also gives BitComet an advantage when it comes to getting sheer numbers of clients. If you are desperate, you can try priming with BitComet briefly to get its peer list for manual peer exchange.

If you're losing your Internet connection with the patch applied then it means that your modem (or your router, if you have one), or both can't cope with massive amounts of simultaneous connections. Either upgrade their firmware, lower your Global maximum number of connections, turn off DHT, or get a new modem/router. :|

Edit: I'm glad to hear Build 404 is working out just fine for you. Nevertheless, my message above is still valid. :)

The comp with the patch was the only one losing the connection. My router, WRG614v2, is pretty old but I've had the lastest firmware for it. I agree how bitcomet is a bit more aggressive, it's much faster at the start but if you give utorrent some time, utorrent will surpass bitcomet with ease :)

Archived