torrent stop donoading in u.a.e????

lj007

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everybody

thanks to all for support and specially temo 007 for proxy soln.I m in RAK my torent is working now without proxy too.But strange thing is that speed is very low as compared to proxy and if i switch back to proxy speed is ok.But errro 403 is coming only with proxy not in normal.Any clue????

1-I am using 512k connection and i need some help regarding forwarding the prot.My modem is aztech.I try to do it but at IP adress and some thing like static ip address ,i got confused. will this farwording port increase speed???

2-i m sorry If the soluntion is on some other thread. plaese give me the link.

thanks to all for support.

On portforward.com, almost every kind of router is there, also there is no need of static IP if you are connected to router via your PC's lan-card.

Also if it is from Etisalat, i don't think you will be able to port forward then, because i couldn't do it, i think they change the firmware of the router.

Also you need to know the router model no too not only company. ^_^

hi...i live in dubai in al quoz. m paying 249 AED for 1 mb (etisalat).

i put the proxy adress of etisalat & also i forwarded port correctly..my speed was up to 115kb/s...so MY QUESTION IS..IS THIS A NORMAL SPEED FOR 1mb speed? IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I CAN INCREASE THE SPEED?

And IF I PUT THE PROXY OF ETISALAT IN UTORRENT & IF I DOWNLOAD ANYTHING...WILL THEY CATCH US?

plzzzzzzz HELP!!

i'm in abu dhabi using etisalat (sadly) and I have a 1mbit connection, I used to get a max of 118kb/s on utorrent

after the stupid cables getting damaged as the rest of you I either don't get any connection at all or very slow speeds

NOW after some of the cables being repaired I am still unable to get my normal download speed back. I've checked all the settings, port forwarding, etc and I even tried the proxy thing suggested by one of the other users in here BUT still the max speed I get is 35 kb/s which is pissing me off.

any help or ideas??? :( :( :(

They net problem seems to be fine for every1. I suggest you try a torrent with more seeders (try any just to test the speed).

For 1mb you wont get anything beyond 120kbps ;)

Remember to remove the etisalat proxy if any, use it with out it coz that will limit your trackers.

hi...

WHENEVER I PUT THE PROXY OF ETISALAT: i.e,proxy1.emirates.net.ae download SPEED INCREASES but when i removed download speed will drop to 20kb/s!!!

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME....IF I PUT ETISALAT PROXY & I DOWNLOAD ( proxy1.emirates.net.ae) WILL THEY CATCH US???

Dear All,

I removed proxy server setting, but downolads are very slow.

Torrents are latest and have good number of seeds but download is not going above 10 to 15 kb/s with internet speed of 256kbs

Before it was about 25 to 27 but now only 10 to 15. it is very frustrating.

Any ideas.

Anoop

HOW TO USE PROXY?

STEPS:

1- Go to preference

2-Click CONNECTIONS

3-in Proxy Server select:

TYPE:HTTP then put proxy: proxy1.emirates.net.ae then PORT:8080

4-"TICK" Resolve host names through proxy

-"TICK" Use proxy server for peer to peer conncetion!

THATS IT!

But i dnt kno if putting Etisalat proxy is SAFE or not?!!!

I want to download one torrent have lot of seeds. aprox 638 and 2800 peers.

It is active and connected to 7 seed and 11 peers, But download speed is only 2 to 3 kps.

Tracker is working, port is open but I don't know why download speed is so much less ???

Normally with so many seeds torrent download at high speed.

Can any one suggest to change any settings to get this download fast ?

Regards

Anoop

People please let us reach a conclusion at least, about the internet problems which most of us are having.

What I know is that people who have a connection from etisalat are having most of the trouble with torrents than du connections.

So it appears that the internet cables aren't fully repaired and some are still under maintanence. However, as I've read through this topic some people have mentioned that they are getting high download speeds.

One of the ways which seem to work with some of the people is using the proxy method (credit goes to user who posted it)

But the proxy method doesn't work with everyone (it doesn't with me)

So please help us all reach a conclusion of what you have done to fix or improve your download speed (which has suffered due to the under-sea internet cables getting damaged).

PS: Please for all the people in here make sure you forward your port and add utorrent as an exception to your firewall or simply turn off your firewall that is the starting point to get good speeds.

Anyone who got their speed back to normal or anyone who has improved their speeds since the cable cuts please reply back to help all of us in the torrent community in the uae (also please specify which city are you living in).

Thank you

i live in dubai ,AL QUOZ & m using UTORRENT, my speed is 1mb (etisalat),m payin 249 dhs monthly....and right now m downloading SILENT HILL from AXXO.& my speed is 115kb/s. my utorrent incoming signal was RED but when i clicked SPEED then TEST IF PORT IS FORWARDED PROPERLY ,that signal change into Traingular ORANGE!but still the speed is 90kb/s to 115kb/s.

i used PROXY OF ETISALAT! which i mentioned above!( in my last comment)

i forwarded port ,& it forwarded properly too.

i also made UTORRENT EXCEPTION in firewall! & in firewall exception list i made PORT EXCEPTION TOO! just click new then type teh same name & put the same port which u r forwarding!

and also ENABLE UPnP in utorrent & in ur ROUTER too! m using AZTECH ROUTER & WINDOWS VISTA TOSHIBA LAPTOP!!

my utorrent incoming signal was RED but when i clicked SPEED then TEST IF PORT IS FORWARDED PROPERLY ,that signal change into Traingular ORANGE!but still the speed is 90kb/s to 115kb/s.

Either your router or uTorrent is not properly configured for port forwarding. The symbol there should be a green circle with a white check inside.

To properly configure port forwarding for your router, find the brand and model of your port here:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Then choose uTorrent from the list of software in the next page that appears to get instructions on how to properly configure port forwarding for your router and uTorrent.

non of this is helping me!!! :@ i'm still getting slow speeds!~

i'm trying to forward another port and i'm having trouble with it, i'm using scientific atlanta DPC2100 cable modem, this modem isn't available in the portforward website :S what do i do??

the main internet connection is on another computer and i'm sharing it with this pc using a LAN card.

main internet connection is on an xp computer and the one that is getting the shared connection is vista (i use the vista pc to do everything, download, game, movies, music, surfing etc)

EDIT: 6PM

Well I talked to the dumb f@cks at etisalat (excuse my french) and I first asked them whether the cable repairs were done to get my confirmation and I was told it is completed. They told me to vist http://www.uaelab.ae/test/ to download any file and tell them what speed I am getting. I got the high speed 110kb/s and I told the guy that it's expected, it's a local .ae site and i doubt any traffic at all so ofcourse the speed is high.

I explained to the agent that global sites are slow, youtube, P2P is slow and torrents. The agent responded that, that is out of their support scope!!

WTF!!! He said that it is not their scope to give support on any software/program.

That guy just pissed me off. So he said that my line is fine and it's not the problem with etisalat. (BULL!!!) So I asked: the problem is with all the other websites around the world and not etisalat?????????????????????????

I'm pissed!!!

Archived