Quick question about kbps, and kb/sec

nastyboxers

i did a test for my internet speed. i'm also getting a green check mark.

Download Speed: 10521 kbps (1315.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 753 kbps (94.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

which one do i use for maximum download rate, and which one do i use for maximum upload rate, and what about alternate upload rate?

also after i set those do i have to set the one in speed guide?

one last question

this is next to my green check mark D: 0.0 kB/s T: 315.4MB what dos this mean

Other people not uploading any back to you even when you're uploading to them for HOURS on end...and they should have something to give back.

Peers window, other peers = other people.

There's also the availability number, (a column in top window, if turned on) which if less than 1 means that torrent's probably doomed to not finish.

even when there's like over 1000 seeds for a file i get less 40. i don't understand that when i first start using it i was getting over 1.0 mb for my download.

i was downloading a file and getting 50- 80 kb on my download speed, then i started downloading another torrent, then my download speed got over 400 kb, how did this happen?

2nd link in my signature, try upload settings no higher than 700 kilobit/sec.

When your upload speed overloads your line, download speeds also suffer...possibly quite badly.

To test if your ISP may be throttling BitTorrent traffic, try setting outgoing encryption to Enabled or FORCED. Also, (for the test) disable DHT, LPD, UPnP, NAT-PMP, and Resolve IPs. Lastly, test 1st with incoming legacy connections enabled...then test with it disabled. You may need to do a 1-minute reset of your modem and/or router between tests.

Archived