Seeding stopped on one torrent; How to seed indefinitely in 1.8.1?

abortivus

OK... What I'm seeding, to be more exact, is a 2.4 GB ISO file. I've uploaded 46 GB so far. By anyone else's standards, I've "done my part". But I helped to make this movie and I've told people that I'll be seeding it forever. So that's what I'm going to do. The problem is that I haven't uploaded anything for almost a week now with 2000+ leeches waiting and only 1-5 other seeds (usually just the one). Every other torrent I'm seeding works fine.

I can't see why, though, with 2000+ leeches and only one seed (and sometimes no seeds) I'm not uploading anything. Bear in mind that every other torrent I'm seeding performs exactly as expected. So... Why the stoppage on this one? My global settings are to seed indefinitely (-1%) and they're not overridden.

My ISP is Comcast, the torrent box is hardwired to a WRT54G (ver. 8.2). My port is forwarded properly. I'm not sure what the issue is but it's just the one torrent that is no longer seeding properly. So what's up with this torrent? Any ideas? Please help me distribute this movie! Thank-you in advance -- abortivus

You have to absolutely minimize your connections, use only encrypted connections, AND get lucky. :P

The new year's hit, and ComCast is SUPPOSED to stop their RST packet killing of BitTorrent TCP streams. So if you have proof they're still doing it...they're in violation of their own agreement with the FCC!

Archived