downloading has come to a halt... "offline (timed out)"

virtus

I have used utorrent for a few days now, and it worked great. However, just yesterday I cannot seem to download anything. Works just like normal, except my down speed is stuck at 0, even thought I have many seeds. In the tracker details it says "offline (timed out)." Here are some screen captures.

Working as normal a few days before:

superspeed4rl.th.jpg

Now its not working:

utorrentdown5cq.th.jpg

It says the same thing for each torrent and refuses to download.

This is my first post in utorrent forums, I'm not sure if this is a speed problem so if it needs to be moved please do so.

Please help!

wow i have the EXACT same prob. i've restarted everything, turned off firewalls, checked and re-checked that everything was set up correctly. i even downloaded shareaza to make sure it wasn't just utor. funny thing with raza - it wouldn't connect to any networks. so i whent on the forums at raza and turns out a few people over there recently discovered the same prob on their comp. i'm thinkin both utor and raza have the same prob, so i'm always checkin that post as well...to see if ne solutions show up. and if they do, i'll be sure to post them here.

ok i'm connecting straight to my dsl modem now. no router. i've turned off windows firewall (the only firewall on my system). still nothing. when i test my port i still get an error! also, i use firstclass (email client - uses firstclass servers that are used in my school district) and it can't connect to the network. on MSN, i can chat but i cant connect webcams! ftp isn't working either! this is bugging the crap outta me! it seems like i'm at a dead end.

edit: i've also ran ad-aware and norton anti-virus several times.

edit: raza can now connect to gnutella2 with 1 hub. still nothing with utor

@afty8: some modems have built-in routers so you got to make sure yours isn't one of those.

But you've got connectivity problems everywhere so it might be something else.

FTP, even if it is just a client, requires proper configuration for passive or active mode depending on the server your acessing so that might be a minor issue. The e-mail problem is more relevant because it doesn't require portforwarding or anything else. So I'm inclined to think your comp is seriously f*ked up. Do a Google on LSP Winsock corruption and see if it applys to you.

@virtus: if you can, take out one of the routers. if you need them both, its no big deal, just make sure u know how to configure them both properly. then go here...

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Utor/Utorindex.htm

...and find your router(s).

@slayers: thanks for that advice. it seemed as if that would do the trick - many of the same symptoms. i downloaded winsockXPfix, ran it, then restarted my comp. sadly, it didn't help any. but still...thank you so much for help, i've been looking everywhere for even the slightest glimmer of hope!

well i figured out my prob - pretty stupid answer. my ISP quarantines your internet if you catch a virus. they only allow you to surft the web. shoulda thought of callin them earlier *rolls eyes*. i removed the virus a while ago but they only unlock ur net if you call in and tell 'em.

so virtus - any luck yet?

Archived