Upload speed capped for more than 3 torrents

ParaNoja

I have this problem with the latest version, previous versions, even beta's, worked perfect.

When i seed 3 or more torrents the upload speeds goes up (for like 7MB/s - I got 100/100mbit), but then after a min or 2 drop to exactly 2.2 or 2.3MB/s

When i seed less than 3 torrents, i get full speeds (up to 11MB/s).

I use this same version with EXACT same settings on another pc, on another 100/100 connection, but on the same network and there it goes well, regardless of the amount of seeding torrents.

Its like its capped or something to 2.2MB/s when torrents => 3, something like that.

Any idea?

Ok lil bump. I now got it too, myself. --> on the "good 11MB/s" pc.

It really seems capped somehow by the program, seeing as all the peers get almost exactly the same upload speed.

Other clients are giving no problems. This issue almost seems like the other topic in forum: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=4521

I got a screenshot to show what I mean (clickable):

magrwx.jpg

Notice the 2.2MB/s cap i was talking about in my first post

ANy fresh ideas guys? :(

You said it yourself that on another PC of your network you get the full 11MB/s. That points to something specific to that PC not uT. based on your specs, I'm guessing your not using one of those ridiculous home routers so maybe there are throtling options that kicked in for that PC.

Yes, but in my latest post i meant I got it too now on that "good" pc, the one that did 11MB/s, the screenshot is from that pc.

There is no use of home routers, everything is plugged in to a wall outlet, going to enterprise routers (its a fibre network).

Sorry for the mixup, but now also the "good" pc i was talking about is showing these symptoms.

It starts off fine, when first opening utorrent, going at good speeds, then after some minutes its this.

It's curious that now your "good" PC has reached a cap, and I'm assuming you didn't change uT versions or builds, right? So again that points to something on your network rather than the program itself. I'm not excluding the possibility that it could be uT but so far everything you've mentioned points to your network IMO.

Are you the admin of those enterprise routers? I don't think so... It's only logical that someone has made some sort of rule (several in fact) to manage such a large pipe and maybe (you wanted fresh ideas, no?) those are kicking in when you seed more than 3 torrents. It's also consistent with the fact that you get good speeds initially and then they fall off.

Have you tried other bittorrent clients? That would rule out the program dependency. Maybe delete uT's appdata folder and start with a fresh set of settings?

Tnx for the idea's guys.

I thought that in the beginning too, about the network, but im not so sure, cuz its not always like this, the good pc for instance, has been working fine, even when the other one had this problem already. Its like on random days or something and random times. Maybe such an action can be triggered on the network side itself, dunno, have no idea about the routers here, but it doesnt make any sence to start capping torrent traffic for example at 3am on a sunday morning, hence the random thought im having.

I did try in the beginning with other clients, and those looked good, working fine, altho i didnt test it for a long period and thorough, im gonna do that again.

Nothing has changed on the pc's too. I'll try some stuff and report back, but keep the idea's coming :)

Ok, i tried other clients, like BitComet and there it worked fine, BUT i couldn't test with more than 3 torrents, cuz adding first 2 immediately seeded full speed and BitComet freezes with high speeds (but still works, just freezes, cant add anything no more).

So i went back to uTorrent 1.3 Beta 390 and it goes well now:

mauqn5.jpg

So.........??

Archived