Allocating a fixed amount of bandwidth for a certain torrent

adamstru

I'm on 1M/1M DSL and I just started seeding a 1 GB torrent. Due to the large size and rareness of the files, I'd like to allocate a constant 50 KB/s for its upload so that no other torrent I'm seeding or downloading could make its speed drop under this. I presume this isn't currently possible?

Edit: I already have the 1 GB torrent's priority set to 'High' and all others' priorities set to 'Low'. It didn't help very much, maybe because I'm seeding quite a large number of torrents at the same time.

Sorry if I forgot to say thanks for an awesome BT client... :| Do you mean setting the upload limit to 50 KB/s will guarantee at least that amount of upstream to the torrent, similar to NetLimiter's "grant" function? I think this would be an important addition to цTorrent as having to manually manage your torrents in order to ensure one important torrent's upstream is hardly anyone's idea of fun.

I don't see anything wrong in giving a specific rare torrent clear priority over the ones that are already well-seeded. I'm currently uploading a 2,76 GB torrent to one peer as the only seeder and since I usually don't run my computer 24/7, I'd like it the upload to finish soon as it's mean just to leave the peer empty-handed. Could there be an option to amplify the priorities a bit? Or maybe some sort of rare torrent priorization could be added?

Currently I have to micromanage by setting individual torrents upload limits. When the rare torrent downloader disconnects, the limited torrents are going to stay capped and my full upstream won't be used. A grant-based cap would get rid of this problem.

• 2 months later...

Archived